Today I'm sharing the history of a part of the Disney Resort that we enjoy the most. My favorite park and location is Epcot's World Showcase. I'll be taking a different journey than most of the members, I'll be taking you on the culinary history of Epcot's World Showcase.
|United Kingdom Pavilion|
- Epcot open on October 1 as well as the World Showcase Pavilions - Canada, United Kingdom, France, Italy, America, Germany, China, and Mexico.
- The Morocco Pavilion, including Restaurant Marrakesh, opens in the World Showcase.
|Nine Dragons Restaurant in the China Pavilion|
- Nine Dragons Restaurant and Lotus Blossom Cafe open in the China Pavilion.
- The Norway Pavilion opens with Restaurant Akershus.
- IllumiNations premieres as the new nightly fireworks show.
- The Epcot International Food & Wine Festival debuts in Epcot.
- International Marketplaces debut at Epcot International Food & Wine Festival. Debuting was Argentina, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Morocco, Poland and United States.
- Australia, Chile, New Zealand, South Africa and Spain are introduced at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
|Desserts & Champagne Marketplace|
- Desserts & Champagne are introduced at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
- Ireland debuts at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
- Trapper Bob's in the Canada Pavilion closes. Trapper Bob's was known for the Beaver Tail, a flat doughnut-like pastry that could have multiple toppings.
|Akershus Royal Banquet Hall dining room|
- Akershus restaurant began Princess Storybook dining.
- Hops & Barley, Puerto Rico and Singapore debut at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
- The attraction El Rio Del Tiempo, which San Angel Inn is located on, in the Mexico Pavilion reopens as Gran Fiesta Tour Starring The Three Caballeros.
- Italy's restaurant L'Originale Alfredo di Roma Ristorante has a refurbishment and reopens as Tutto Italia Ristorante.
- Matsu No Ma lounge closes and reopens as Tokyo Dining.
|Via Napoli in the Italy Pavilion|
- Via Napoli opens in the Italy Pavilion.
- La Hacienda de San Angel and La Cantina de San Angel open on the World Showcase Lagoon in the Mexico Pavilion.
- Karamell-Kuche featuring Werther's caramel opens in the Germany Pavilion.
- San Angel Inn in the Mexico Pavilion receives a refurbishment with a new menu and look.
|Katsura Grill in the Japan Pavilion|
- Japan's Yakitori House was replaced with Katsura Grill featuring traditional Japanese food.
Hope you've enjoyed a little bit of the dining history of Epcot's World Showcase.
Cooking with Mickey Fans
Follow on Twitter
Like on Facebook
Subscribe to the YouTube Channel