Whether your a fan of football, baseball or hockey game day is always a good time to get together with friends and chow on your favorite snacks. One that is easy and sure to please is spinach and artichoke dip and what's better than an ESPN recipe.
4 tbsp (1/2 stick) butter
1/4 c diced onion
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 c all-purpose flour
1 c heavy cream
2 c whole or 2% milk
1/8 tsp white pepper
2 1/2 c grated Parmesan cheese
1 tsp coarse salt
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp hot sauce, such as Tabasco
8-oz package cream cheese, cut into cubes and softened
2 1/2 (10-oz) boxes frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
2 (14.5-oz) cans quartered artichoke hearts, drained
1 c shredded mozzarella
Tortilla chips, carrot and celery sticks, garlic bread, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter in a large stockpot over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and sauté 2 minutes.
- Add flour; cook for 4 minutes, stirring constantly. Slowly whisk in cream and milk, then bring to simmer, whisking often until sauce is thick and coats the back of a spoon.
- Add white pepper and Parmesan, stirring until well incorporated. Remove from heat. Add salt, pepper, Worcestershire, and hot sauce. Mix well.
- Fold in cream cheese, stirring well until cream cheese is completely incorporated. Add spinach, stirring to combine. Add artichoke hearts, stirring gently so as not to break up the artichokes.
- Pour mixture into a 9×9-inch baking dish and sprinkle mozzarella evenly on top.
- Bake 15 minutes, or until cheese on top is completely melted and bubbling.
- Serve hot with tortilla chips, carrot and celery sticks, and/or garlic bread.
Cooking with Mickey Fans
Follow on Twitter
Like on Facebook
Subscribe to the YouTube Channel