One of the most popular dishes at Coral Reef at Epcot is the Chocolate Wave. A chocolate lovers dream dessert!
3/4 cup butter
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
4 egg yolks
1 1/2 teaspoons Grand Marnier
For the white-chocolate truffle:
6 ounces white chocolate
3 tablespoons heavy cream
3 tablespoons softened butter
2 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- Melt butter in a double boiler over medium-low heat.
- Add chocolate chips, heating until mixture is melted.
- Combine sugar and cornstarch in a large mixing bowl. Add chocolate mixture to sugar mixture and beat well.
- In a separate bowl, combine four eggs, four yolks, and Grand Marnier. Add this to the chocolate mixture and beat until well mixed. Cover and chill overnight.
- Melt the white chocolate and heavy cream in a double boiler over low heat. Add butter and Grand Marnier and stir until smooth. Chill overnight.
- Butter and flour six 5-ounce ramekins. Fill 1/3 of each with the chilled chocolate mixture. Add a rounded tablespoon of the truffle mixture. Fill to the top with the chocolate mixture.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes. Let the cakes sit for 15 - 20 minutes before inverting. Run a knife around the edges to loosen. Serve with chocolate sauce, raspberries, and/or ice cream if desired.
Cooking with Mickey Fans
Follow on Twitter
Like on Facebook
Subscribe to the YouTube Channel