1 - 8oz. tube of crescent rolls
1/2 T. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 of a small onion chopped
25-30 slices of pepperoni cut into thin strips
1/4 c. Parmesan cheese
1/2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
Large Green Olives cut in half**
Pizza Sauce (optional)
- Heat oil in a small saute pan over medium heat.
- Add the pepperoni and onions. Cook until the onions are soft. Remove from the heat.
- In a small bowl, combine the pepperoni/onion mixture, Parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese. Place in the refrigerator until cooled.
- Open the tube of crescent rolls. Split into two rectangles (4 crescent rolls per rectangle) on a floured counter top. Press the seams completely to seal.
- Spread the cheese mixture over the top of the crescent rolls. Press the mixture carefully onto the crescent rolls.
- Starting along the long edge, roll roll up the dough into a log shape. Seal the dough along the edge.
- Cut the pinwheels in about 1 inch circles.
- Place the pinwheels onto a cookie sheet.
- Place one olive half (with the pimento side up) into the center of the pinwheel.
- Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with a bowl of pizza sauce for dipping.
**Due to a grocery "mis-communication" with my husband, the picture of our finished product has a small green olive from a large jar, instead of a large green olive from a small jar (the description I gave to Pierre), so the eye will be much more pronounced on the recipe if you use the large green olives.
We'll be back in January to start another great year of Disney inspired recipes. From our family to yours, we are wishing you and your loved ones
a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Follow on Twitter
Like on Facebook
Subscribe to the YouTube Channel