10 oz. bag marshmallows
1/4 t. blue food coloring
5c. crispy rice cereal (we used Rice Krispies, but any brand will work)
Wilton Jumbo Star Sprinkles (see note below for other options)
1. Melt the margarine and marshmallows in a large mixing bowl in the microwave. Cook for one minute then stir. Continue this until the marshmallows are completely melted.
2. Add several drops of blue food coloring to the marshmallow until it creates the blue you like for the hat.
2. Add the crispy rice cereal and mix well. (For the next step, you will need to work quickly because the marshmallow starts to harden up quickly. See my note below for creating this recipe with little ones.)
3. Butter your hands and create cone shaped "Mickey Hats" with the treats. Place the cones on waxed paper.
4. Add the mini oreos (representing Mickey's ears) to each side.
5. Randomly place the jumbo yellow star sprinkles on the cones to create Mickey's sorcerer hat.
6. Let the hats sit so they have a chance to set before serving.
NOTE: I created the "cones," and my children decorated them. For older children, they would not have a problem creating these shapes before the marshmallow started to harden.
Other ways to use this recipe:
- Want to create a Mickey treat to remind you of your Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party experiences? Dye the marshmallow green and add Mickey sprinkles to create miniature Disney Christmas trees.
- Create spheres, rather than cones, and you can decorate them to create Spaceship Earth.
- Yellow cylinders would be the perfect shape to create your own Monstropolis laugh canister.
Follow on Twitter
Like on Facebook
Subscribe to the YouTube Channel