4 tbsp butter
½ c brown sugar
1 egg yolk
1 cup all-purpose flour
¼ tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
½ c Samuel Adams Cream Stout
4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Butter an 8-inch cake pan with 2 tablespoons of the butter and pre-heat the over to 350 degrees F.
- Cream the remaining butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in the egg and the egg yolk.
- Sift the flour, baking soda and baking powder into a separate bowl.
- Stir the Samuel Adams Cream Stout into the cocoa. Alternately fold the flour and beer mixture into the butter and sugar mixture.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan and bake for approximately 30-35 minutes, or until firm to the touch. Allow to cool in the pan for 5 minutes before turning the cake onto a wire rack.
- Leave the cake to completely cool before slicing. Garnish with whipped cream and chocolate sauce.
Cooking with Mickey Fans
Follow on Twitter
Like on Facebook
Subscribe to the YouTube Channel