At the 2009 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival Cork, Ireland featured this on their menu. It's delicious with Kerrygold Dubliner cheese!
2 cups whole-wheat flour
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup quick-cooking Irish oatmeal, plus 1 tbsp
1/2 cup wheat or oat bran
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp dark brown sugar
1/2 cup canola oil
2 cups buttermilk
- Preheat over to 400 F. Butter a 9x4x3" loaf pan
- Combine the flours, 1/2 cup oatmeal, bran, baking soda, salt and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Stir until well blended.
- Combine the canola oil and buttermilk in a small bowl.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and stir in the liquid with a wooden spoon. Continue stirring until a soft dough forms.
- Knead gently until smooth.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan, and with the back of a spoon make a 1/2" long well in the center of the batter. Sprinkle remaining tbsp of oatmeal down the center.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack int he pan for 10 to 15 minutes.
Cooking with Mickey Fans
Follow on Twitter
Like on Facebook
Subscribe to the YouTube Channel