2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons oil
3/4 cup water
- Mix flour and salt in bowl.
- Add oil and rub until mixture resembles small bread crumbs.
- Add water and knead for 10 minutes.
- Rub dough with oil, cover and set aside for 30 minutes.
5 each potatoes
2 tablespoons oil
1 each green chili
1 cup green peas
1 teaspoon ground ginger
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon curry paste
Oil for deep frying
- Boil potatoes until tender, cool, peel and dice.
- Saute peas in oil; add green chili, potatoes and spices.
- Mix and cook on low heat for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Divide dough into 10 balls.
- Roll into flat square shape about 5 inch diameter.
- Cut in half and fill each side with 1 tablespoon potato and pea mixture.
- Brush a little water around the edge of the pastry, fold, seam and seal.
- Heat about 2 inches of oil for frying over medium to low heat to 350 degrees.
- Carefully add samosas to oil. Fry slowly, turning the samosas as they brown and are crisp.
- Drain excess oil and serve with mango chutney.
Cooking with Mickey Fans
Follow on Twitter
Like on Facebook
Subscribe to the YouTube Channel