Often restaurants serve vanilla or carmel creme brulee but not Tony's Town Square at Magic Kingdom. There creme brulee is pistachio and served with pistachio brittle, candied nuts and fresh strawberries. At the end of a heavy pasta meal this is a light ending to your meal.
|Pistachio Creme Brulee|
8 oz sugar
8 oz egg yolks
½ oz pistachio paste
42 oz heavy cream
- Scald heavy cream and sugar together but do not bring to a boil.
- Temper the cream into the egg yolks and add the pistachio paste.
- Preheat oven to 325 and place the mix into an oven safe baking dish. Place the baking dish on top of a flat sheet tray add pour water onto the sheet tray and bake for 20 minutes or until set.
- Remove the baking dish and place in refrigerator to chill.
- When ready to serve sprinkle German rock sugar on top of the brulee and shake off the excess. Torch the sugar until crystalized.
Cooking with Mickey Fans
Follow on Twitter
Like on Facebook
Subscribe to the YouTube Channel