10 oz. marshmallows (we used the large campfire ones, though any size will do)
1 c. chocolate chips
1c. mini marshmallows
3 c. chocolate cheerios
1 c. cheerios
- Grease a large mixing bowl with margarine.
- In a medium bowl, combine the chocolate chips, mini marshmallows, chocolate cheerios and cheerios. Pour into the greased mixing bowl.
- Melt the margarine and marshmallows in the microwave for 1 minute (use a large bowl for this because the marshmallows expand when hot), and stir. Continue cooking 1 minute at a time and stirring until smooth.
- Pour the marshmallow over the dry ingredients and mix. We buttered up our hands and mixed it that way once it was cooled enough to touch, though a greased spoon would work also. Once the ingredients are mixed, pour them into a 13x9 pan.
- Using wax paper, press the mixture into the pan.
- Once they have cooled, you can cut them into squares and serve.
Just a note: For the ingredients list, you need six cups up ingredients to create these treats. I put out all the ingredients in front of the kids and handed them each a half cup measuring cup. We talked about two half cups equal one cup. They each took turns adding 1/2 c. of ingredients to the bowl until we reached the 6 cups. It was a great way to add a little math into the recipe.
Cooking with Mickey FansFollow on Twitter
Like on Facebook
Subscribe to the YouTube Channel