Liberty Tree Tavern at Magic Kingdom nightly serves a family-style dinner. The sweet ending at this meal is as all-American as you can get - Apple Cobbler.
Pie Crust Dough
3 ½ cups all purpose flour
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
2 sticks unsalted butter, cut into ¼ inch pieces
4 tbsp Crisco
- Sift the flour, sugar, and salt into a large bowl.
- Using your fingers, work in the butter and shortening until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add 2 tablespoons ice water and work with your fingers until the water is incorporated and the dough comes together. Add more water if needed.
- Spray the inside of a 9x13x2 inch glass or ceramic baking dish with a non-stick coating. Roll out pie dough on a lightly floured surface and line the baking dish with dough.
4 lbs Baking Apples – Golden Delicious
½ cup Sugar
1 ½ cups Brown sugar
½ tsp Nutmeg – ground
½ cup Flour
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Put apples in a small saucepan and cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add dry ingredients and cook until apples are soft and ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
- Remove apples from heat and chill thoroughly. Place cooled apple filling into dish.
Cream Cheese Filling
8 oz cream cheese, softened at room temperature
1 each large egg
2/3 cup sugar
1 tesp vanilla extract
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix until smooth.
- Top apples with cream cheese mixture and swirl into apples slightly.
¾ cup all – purpose flour
½ tsp cinnamon, ground
½ cup brown sugar, packed
¾ cup rolled oats
½ cup butter, unsalted
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Spread streusel mixture evenly over top of apple/cream cheese mixture.
- Bake in center of oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Serve with vanilla ice cream.
Cooking with Mickey Fans
Follow on Twitter
Like on Facebook
Subscribe to the YouTube Channel