For a taste of the Caribbean Islands try these Spicy Island Wings from Shutter's at Old Port Royale, Caribbean Beach Resort.
These spicy wings are not mild by any means. Made with habanero peppers, the hottest on the Scoville scale, gives these quit the kick. This tropical twist on the American classic doesn't just deliver heat but also a nice balance of sweet nice from the brown sugar.
Spicy Island Wing Sauce
8 oz Brown sugar
3.5 oz Roasted Red Peppers
2/3 oz. Habaneros
1/8 tsp Kosher salt
- In a food processor, puree raw habaneras and roasted red peppers with salt.
- Then add brown sugar; process until blended together.
3.5 oz Roasted red peppers
3/4 oz Habaneros
1/4 oz Brown sugar
1/16 tsp Crushed red pepper
1/3 tsp Kosher salt
1/16 tsp White pepper
1 pinch Granulated garlic
2.5 oz Canola oil
6.5 oz Water
- In a food processor, puree all ingredients together, except water and oil.
- When totally blended, add oil and water.
- Toss chicken wings (16 wings) in marinade. Refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Deep fry wing until cooked through. Drain, then toss in Spicy Island Wing Sauce. Garnish with fine chopped leeks and serve with Blue Cheese dressing.
Cooking with Mickey Articles Mentioning Shutter's