As many of you know Cooking with Mickey will be covering the D23 Expo, and trying out new restaurants at Disneyland starting this weekend!
Here are some survival tips for dining at the D23 Expo:
- If you are standing in line at the convention center in the morning a cart will come by with snack and drinks to purchase.
- If you are a D23 charter member, consider visiting the D23 Charter Member Lounge to sit down and grab a bite to eat. It will be quieter than dining at the counter service seating.
- Considering eating at off times. During the lunch or dinner hours you may find very long lines, just like in the parks. If you are dead set on eating lunch or dinner during peak times grab your food ahead of time so you don't have to wait in long lines.
- Grab your food to go. Take your meal with you and enjoy it while waiting in line for a presentation or show.
- Lines at the Expo will get very long, it will be very crowded and you will only see a fraction of what is offered. Therefore don't plan to leave the convention if you are wanting to take in as much as you can.
- If you are overwhelmed by the number of people at the Expo and must get away visit one of the Anaheim CenterWalk Restaurants, located on the walkway that connects to the convention center.
- Several area restaurants offer discounts to those attending conventions at the Anaheim Convention Center. Just show you badge at participating restaurants.
- According to the D23 Expo website, outside food, beverages or coolers are not allowed inside the convention center. Exceptions are made for those with special dietary needs.
- Alcohol beverages are not sold inside the convention center so if you are looking for a drink you'll have to step out and find a nearby restaurant.
- Have a plan! With as many events that are going on it's a good idea to have a plan of what you must see and what you'd like to see. Schedule your meals around those that you "must-see".
Thanks to Aljon from JediMouseketeer for his input on visiting the Anaheim Convention Center!
Cooking with Mickey fans
Follow on Twitter
Like on Facebook
Subscribe to the YouTube Channel