Looking for a little taste of southern hospitality? Try making some cornbread! It's one of the most popular dish is the South. At Whispering Canyon Cafe in Disney's Wilderness Lodge you'll be served this to start off your meal. For a real authentic feel bake it in a cast iron skillet.
1/2 pound Cornmeal
12 ounces Granulated Sugar
1/2 ounce Salt
1 ounce Baking Powder
1 pound All-Purpose Flour
1/4 cup Salad Oil
1 Whole Egg, beaten
1 Pint Milk
- Place all dry ingredients in mixing bowl and mix slowly for one minute.
- Blend milk, egg, and oil together.
- Slowly add step 2 to dry ingredients, while on slow speed. Don't over mix, only mix to incorporate product.
- Spray pan with a food release oil spray or line bottom of the pan with parchment paper.
- Pour batter in pan and bake at 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes or until bread is firm and golden brown.
Cooking with Mickey fans
Follow on Twitter
Like on Facebook
Subscribe to the YouTube Channel