Pottermore.com has been all the buzz the past couple of days. For all of the Harry Potter fans out there J.K. Rowlings has 7 Magical Quills to be found, one each day through August 6th. Finding the Magical Quill gives you the opportunity to register for one of the upcoming e-books.
If you've been to Universal Studios in Orlando and have visited the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, and have tried the very popular Butterbeer. According to several news sources, like FOX, this is the recipe to make it at home.
1 cup dark brown sugar
2 tbsp water
6 tbsp butter
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cider vinegar
3/4 cup heavy cream, divided
1/2 tsp rum extract
Four 12-ounce bottles cream soda
- In a small saucepan over medium, combine the brown sugar and water. Bring to a gentle boil and cook, stirring often, until the mixture reads 240 F on a candy thermometer.
- Stir in the butter, salt, vinegar and 1/4 heavy cream. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Once the mixture has cooled, stir in the rum extract.
- In a medium bowl, combine 2 tablespoons of the brown sugar mixture and the remaining 1/2 cup of heavy cream. Use an electric mixer to beat until just thickened, but not completely whipped, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- To serve, divide the brown sugar mixture between 4 tall glasses (about 1/4 cup for each glass). Add 1/4 cup of cream soda to each glass, then stir to combine. Fill each glass nearly to the top with additional cream soda, then spoon the whipped topping over each.
To everyone who is trying to find the Magical Quill, good luck!