Maya Grill at Disney's Coronado Springs serves up this tropical, fruity twist on a Caesar salad. This summery dish is great to start your meal off or end as a dessert.
|Coronado Springs Resort|
1 star fruit
1 c strawberries
1 c coconut flakes
8 oz pound cake
1 lemon, zest only
1/3 c unsalted butter
1 Tbl mint leaves, finely chopped
1¼ c chopped white chocolate
2 oranges, zest & juice
1¼ c heavy cream, room temperature
1/8 tsp vanilla
1 tsp poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cut all the fruit into medium-size pieces and mix in a large bowl. Refrigerate until needed.
- Place coconut flakes on an ungreased baking sheet and toast in the oven, stirring twice, until golden brown (4 – 8 min). Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- To make croutons, cut the pound cake into ½” cubes. Place lemon zest & butter in a medium saucepan and cook over low heat until butter melts; remove from heat. Add cake cubes & stir until well-coated.
- Place croutons on an ungreased baking sheet & bake, stirring twice, until golden brown (12 to 15 minutes). Sprinkle with mint and set aside.
- Melt the white chocolate in a double boiler or microwave. Add the remaining ingredients and stir until thoroughly mixed. Let cool to room temperature.
- Once cooled, add the dressing to the salad ½ cup at a time and toss, until you have the desired amount.
- Portion fruit salad onto 6 plates. Garnish each plate with 4 or 5 croutons, then sprinkle with toasted coconut flakes and serve.