Cape May Cafe at Disney's Beach Club has a clambake every night. For those who aren't a fan of clam chowder they offer tomato bisque. A rich tomato soup that is nothing like what you had growing up with your grilled cheese sandwich.
The fresh basil is a must. It adds a nice fresh, earthiness to the soup. This adds so much to the soup I wouldn't substitute it with dried basil.
|Cape May Cafe|
4 cans Plum Tomatoes-16 ounces
8 oz Diced Celery
8 oz Diced Onions
8 oz Diced Carrots
1 qt Heated Heavy Cream
2 oz Chopped Fresh Basil
Salt, to taste
White Pepper, to taste
6 oz Tomato Paste
- Drain liquid from tomatoes and set aside
- Place plum tomatoes on a sheet pan and roast in the oven for 20-30 minutes at 350°F
- Sauté onions, celery and carrots in stockpot and cook until translucent.
- Add roasted tomatoes, juice and tomato paste. Cook for 30-40 minutes.
- Puree mixture. Add warm cream.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Finish with fresh chopped basil.