|Prince Edward Island Mussels|
Le Cellier Steakhouse in the Canadian Pavilion at Epcot. These wonderful mussels make a great start to your meal and when you are finished, dip the bread sticks in to soak up the delicious broth.
1 tbsp olive oil
1/8 cup applewood smoked bacon, small dice
1/2 shallot, peeled and sliced
1 small clove garlic, finely minced
1/4 cup russet potatoes, small dice, blanched
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 tsp fresh cilantro, rough chop
1/2 lb Prince Edward Island Mussels, washed and scrubbed, beards removed
Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
Kosher salt, to taste
- Prepare all the ingredients and set a side.
- In a medium saute pan, over medium heat add the olive oil.
- Add the bacon and cook for 5-7 minutes, until the bacon fat is rendered and becomes cripy.
- Add garlic and shallots and continue to saute for 2 minutes.
- When the shallots start to become translucent add the potatoes, heavy cream, cilantro and mussels. Toss all together to blend, then cover with a lid to steam the mussels for 4-5 minutes or until all the mussels open.
- Season with black pepper and salt.
- Pour into a large bowl and enjoy.