Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe located in Frontierland at Magic Kingdom serves this filling chili. This wild west favorite is available as a side item or on top of french fries with melted cheese.
2 tbsp bacon drippings
1 clove garlic, minced
1 small green pepper, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1 can tomatoes, 16 oz.
1 can chili beans, 16 oz.
1 can kidney beans, 16 oz.
2 tsp salt
2 tbsp vinegar
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
3 tbsp chili powder
1 dash Tabasco sauce
1 lb lean ground beef
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Heat 1 tbsp bacon drippings in a large fry pan. Add garlic and saute until golder brown.
- Add onion and green pepper. Cover pan and cook over low heat until onion is translucent.
- Mash canned tomatoes in their liquid in a 4 qt saucepan. Add chili beans, kidney beans with their liquid. Add salt, vinegar, pepper, chili powder and Tabasco to beans and tomatoes; bring to simmer.
- Add sauteed garlic, onion and green pepper; reheat.
- Saute beef in remaining bacon drippings, stirring. Drain off fat and beef to the bean mixture, simmer uncovered for about 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve in chili bowls and top with onion and cheese. Serve with tortillas.