Shutters at Disney's Caribbean Beach serves cuisine featuring the flavors of the islands. This restaurant does get less than great reviews as it doesn't meet the usual expectations of Disney dining.
This dish has a little bit of spice but feel free to add more heat. Also, I prefer this dish with the chicken and shrimp added in for more flavor.
1 oz red pepper, diced
1 oz green pepper, diced
1 oz onion, diced
1/2 oz jalapeno, diced
2 oz heavy cream
1 oz white wine
1 oz tomato, medium diced
4 oz Chorizo sausage, medium diced
1/4 oz goat cheese
1 oz spinach
4 oz orechiette pasta, cooked
6 pieces shrimp
5 oz chicken
- In a large pan, bring water to a boil and add pasta.
- Cut vegetables.
- In hot saute pan, add oil, onion, peppers and cook until tender.
- Add Chorizo sausage and any additional options.
- Deglaze pan with white wine.
- Add heavy cream and pasta, tomatoes, and spinach.
- Place in a large bowl and top with sprinkled goat cheese. Serve.