This central Italy appetizer is one of the items you can start off with at Hollywood & Vine. A light, refreshing starter that is perfect to make on a hot summer day.
1 loaf of Italian bread, sliced
1 lb tomatoes, diced
1 tbsp basil, fresh and chiffonade
2 tbsp onion, diced
1 tbsp garlic, minced
2 tbsp mozzarella, shredded
2 oz white balsamic vinegar
2 oz olive oil
Salt, to taste
Black pepper, to taste
- Preheat broiler. Once preheated, toast bread.
- In a large bowl combine tomatoes, onion, garlic, basil and mozzarella.
- Stir in balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Top toasted bread with the mixture.
- Broil until cheese melts. Serve.