AMC Theatre in Downtown Disney just opened a dine-in theatre called "Fork and Screen". This puts a whole new meaning to dinner and a movie. There are 6 theaters and a bar with a seating area where you can enjoy food and drinks before or after the movie. This is definitely a more adult experience.
When you purchase your tickets, which cost more than your standard movie ticket, you also choose a seat. Once you arrive you are given a pager just like at a restaurant. Once someone is ready to seat, your pager goes off and you are taken to your seats. The seats are much larger than you standard movie theater seats. They are plush, comfy and slightly set back and when you sit back recline. They are also set four across so it's easy for the servers to deliever your food and you don't feel confined.
After you are seated and get a little bit of chance to look at the menu, someone stops by to tell you how it works. Once you are ready to order all you have to do is push the red button (the call button) that is in front of you. Your server will then come to take your order, whether it be for drinks or food. We decided to go ahead and order both at the same time.
Unlike most theaters due to the servers needing to be able to see to delieve your drinks and food, the lighting is up more than in a standard theater. Our server occasionally stopped by to check on us but if at any point that we needed anything, all we had to do is to push the button and we could order more. Before the end of the film our check was dropped off.
*Bistro Chicken Mac and Cheese
*Thai Coconut Chicken Tenders with Onion Rings
For those of you wonder what to expect from the food... well, it's very similar to what you would find at a casual American cuisine restaurant. So you can have the complete dinner and a movie experience without having to make two stops. Here are some of the items on the menu:
- Specialty Drinks: Caribbean Cooler, Blue Laguna, Velvet Hammer and Mimosa
- Starters: Crab Rangoon Dip, Parmesan Fries, Queso Blanco Dip & Chips and Sweet Onion Loops
- Salads: Signature Wedge, Fresh Fruit and Asian Chicken.
- House Specialties: Country Fried Steak, Buffalo Chicken Tenders and Crispy Fish & Chips
- Quesadillas and Sandwiches: Smoked Brisket Quesadillas, BLT Cheese Griller, Smoked Salmon BLT and Southwest Fajita Chicken Wrap
- Burgers: Blue Max and Mushroom & Baby Swiss
- Flatbreat Pizzettas: Tuscan Pepperoni and Margherita
- Desserts: Chocolate Loving Spooncake, Citrus Berry Stack and Chocolate Brownie Sundae
- Kids' Meals
- Treats: your traditional movie theater foods
For those of you curious to know which movie we saw... it was Thor. What a great movie and what is better than checking out a Marvel movie when in Disney.
Cooking With Mickey