- USDA recommends eating it twice a week.
- It's an excellent source of protein. A 3 oz. serving provides 20-50% of the recommended daily allowance.
- It contains Omega-3 fatty acids which may reduce the risk of coronary heart disease.
- Low in sodium. Most 3 oz. servings have less than 100 mg of sodium. Shellfish's levels are slightly higher.
- Many are low in fat and the fat in seafood is rich in heart-healthy polyunsaturated fatty acids.
So if you are looking to start the new year off healthy... seafood is a great option!
Cooking With Mickey Blog