Mexican Wedding Cookies
My twist on this classic recipe.
1 c. butter, room temperature
1/2 c. confectioners' sugar
1 1/2 tsp. almond extract
1 3/4 c. all-purpose flour
1 c. pecans, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 275 F. Line cookie sheets with silpats.
- Using a food processor finely chop pecans, set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar on low until smooth. Add in the almond extract, beat.
- Slowly add in the flour.
- Add in the pecans.
- Dust hands with flour and roll about a tablepoon of dough into round balls.
- Place on the cookie sheets about 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Place on wire racks and using a sifter dust cookies with additional confectioners' sugar.
Have fun and enjoy!!
Cooking With Mickey Blog